TAPPL.com (“TAPPL”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is an online service that provides users (“you”) with information about the performance, strengths and weaknesses of work colleagues and prospective employees. Our website, mobile properties, and related applications (collectively, our “Website”) are part of the TAPPL Network, which is owned and operated by TAPPL Pty Ltd.
Providing information about yourself involves a great deal of trust. We understand that the security and confidentiality of personal information you provide to us when you visit our Website or use our services is important to you.
- What information we collect (sections 3-8)
- How we use your information (section 9)
- With whom we share your information (sections 10-11)
- How Long We Keep Your Information for (section 12)
- Your rights and choices (section 13)
- Recording, storing and protecting your information (section 14)
- Children’s privacy (section 15)
- External links(section 16)
- International Transfers(section 17)
- How you can contact us(section 19)
3. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
In offering and enabling services to you, we capture and store information that you enter on our Website or provide to us in any other way. This includes information that can be used to identify you as an individual or to contact you directly (Personal information).
When we collect your personal information we will normally provide you with information about how and why we are collecting the information. We only collect Personal information either where necessary to fulfil the relationship we have with you, or where we otherwise have a legitimate interest in collecting it.
Personal information includes information you provide to us (e.g. your first and last name, email address, and billing information including credit card details). We also request information about your employment history, including the companies at which you have worked, and the people with whom you shared employment experiences (Colleagues).
You can choose not to provide this personal information to us but – in general – some information about you is required in order for you to access information within TAPPL and enjoy the benefits of being a registered member. In particular, only registered members are able to see their TAPPL profile and the TAPPL profiles of others, post reviews of others, receive information about job opportunities from TAPPL, and access members-only insights and information.
We may also collect details such as your IP address, information identifying your device and other device information, and website browsing history. We will also record information associated with your behaviour on our Website or services and the actions you take when interacting with us.
3.2 Information About Others
3.3 Address Book and Other Services TAPPL accesses directly
We collect information when you give permission to TAPPL to access specific sources of your information, such as your email address book or device contacts. You can terminate TAPPL’s access to such information whenever you like.
We store this information (including phone numbers) and use it to help you manage and leverage your contacts in connection with our Services. In particular, access to your email address book or device contacts makes it easier for you to review people with whom you have worked.
4. INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We also may obtain information about you from independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you.
For example, other members of TAPPL may (if eligible to do so) complete a review of you, thereby anonymously sharing information concerning you, derived from their experience of their relationship with you.
In addition, if you register with TAPPL via Facebook or LinkedIn, we may collect information such as your user name, and other information made available to us through those services.
5. AUTOMATIC COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We automatically collect some information from your computer or device when you visit TAPPL. For example, we will automatically collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We may also collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, reviews activity and searches.
Our purpose in collecting this information is to enable us to understand your interests and preferences, so we can customise your user experience.
6. PAYMENT INFORMATION
If you choose to access premium content from TAPPL (such as detailed profiles and subscription packages), we may collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address. This information will be captured via our secure payment gateway and will only be used for transactions with TAPPL that are authorised by you.
7. OTHER INFORMATION FROM DEVICES
When you use our application or Services on a Device, we will collect and use information about you in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use the TAPPL Website. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
8. COOKIES AND OTHER WEB TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a small piece of information stored on your computer. Cookies help us improve your user-experience when you use our website and Services. The technology we use mostly uses “session” cookies. Session cookies expire after 30 minutes of no activity on the TAPPL website. However some cookies we use for internet statistics or remarketing last longer.
Cookies cannot damage files, contain no personally identifiable information, nor can they read information from the hard drive of a computer. It is possible to disable the acceptance of cookies by your web browser. However, doing so may restrict your ability to access and use TAPPL.
Alternatively you can opt out of cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
9. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The personal information that you provide to us may reveal – or enable others to identify – aspects of your life that are not expressly stated on your profile (e.g. your picture may reveal your gender or places at which you have been present).
9.2 General purposes
TAPPL uses the information collected about you in order to provide our services to you, including the following general purposes:
- to enable you to register and manage your TAPPL account, including to allow you to access and use our services;
- to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about TAPPL and invitations and notices from the TAPPL community;
- to enable us to incorporate your (anonymous) reviews in the TAPPL profile of people you have reviewed, and to publish other content to the TAPPL community;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Website;
- subject to your consent and marketing preferences, to engage in direct marketing or notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you;
- to otherwise customise your experience with TAPPL, including customising the ads shown to you;
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
9.3 Communications that you receive
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of opportunities via TAPPL. So we communicate with you using notices on our Website, Push Notifications on your device, email, and other methods available to us.
We may send you information relating to the availability of the Services, security, or other service-related issues. We may also send you information about:
- updates to your TAPPL profile;
- updates about other people in the TAPPL community in whom you may have an interest or with whom you may have worked;
- your talent-related and employment-related interests, subject to your consent and in accordance with your marketing preferences.
This information will be sent to you based on your profile information and communications preferences. Accordingly, you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive this information, or to otherwise change your marketing preferences & communications settings, at any time.
9.4 Communications that you send
Generally speaking, communications that you send on our Services – like a notification to a person that they have been TAPPLed (that a review about them has been completed) – are anonymous. That is, the recipient will not receive any information that would identify you as the initiator of the communication.
However, there are certain communications that you can initiate through our Services – like an invitation to join TAPPL – in which you can elect to disclose that you initiated the communication.
Prior to initiating any communications via our services, be careful to confirm the basis on which the communication will be sent, and that you are comfortable with the basis (anonymous or otherwise) on which the communication will be sent.
9.5 Member sharing of information via Social Media
Your profile data (excluding Personal Information not contained in your public profile) will not be accessible to anyone who is not a TAPPL member.
We offer a “public profile” feature that allows you to publish parts of your profile (your Public Profile) to Facebook, Twitter and/or LinkedIn. If you choose to do this, information in your Public Profile will be accessible by other persons via Facebook, Twitter and/or LinkedIn according to your privacy settings in Facebook, Twitter and/or LinkedIn account (respectively).
10. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share contact information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
TAPPL may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendorswho provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have limited access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Third parties in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of information. For example, we may use your information to contact you about products, services or opportunities available from TAPPL or our affiliates. If you consent, we may supply your information to third parties who may contact you about products, services or opportunities. You may change your contact preferences by adjusting your communication settings.
Note that we may disclose to third parties information that we have collected from sources other than you.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information, or information about your activities as a Member or Visitor when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process, or if we belief in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual unlawful activities or to assist government enforcement agencies;
- exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of TAPPL, our members, employees, or others.
We attempt to notify members about legal demands for their personal information when appropriate in our judgement, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are too broad, vague or lack proper authority, but do not commit to challenge every demand.
11. PUBLIC AND ANONYMISED DATA
If you choose to create a profile on TAPPL, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable by other TAPPL members. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it. Furthermore, other TAPPL members may contact you (eg to invite you to complete a review of them) by using TAPPL as an intermediary; however, TAPPL will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives or the most popular profiles and companies. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
12. FOR HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for the integrity of our records. The periods for which we retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected it and we use it.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. We may retain some information for a period of time after you have closed your account with us, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
13. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES WITH RESPECT TO COLLECTION AND USE
You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on TAPPL.
You have the right to ask us what personal information we hold about you by Contacting us, and we may charge a small fee for providing you with this information.
We endeavour to ensure that your personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can also review, add or update the information you have provided to us by visiting your profile page on our Website.
You can close your TAPPL account by Contacting us. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, your public profile will remain visible and other members will still be able to submit reviews of you.
When you register as a member of TAPPL you will have the opportunity to provide us with your marketing and communications preferences, and will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email marketing messages from TAPPL. As a registered TAPPL member, you can modify your choices at any time by adjusting the settings on your profile.
Whether registered as a TAPPL member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send.
Please note that we may send you other communications, including service announcements, and administrative messages relating to your TAPPL account.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from TAPPL, you will not be able to access some features of our site.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights (some of which are rights of TAPPL users generally):
- You can contact us at any time to:
- access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information;
- object to processing of your Personal Information;
- ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information;
- request portability of your Personal Information,
using the contact details provided on the Website, even if you have previously consented to the processing of your Personal Information.
- You can opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time by clicking "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" at the bottom of any such communications, or by using the contact details provided on the Website. If you’re registered with TAPPL you can also manage settings associated with such communications.
- You can complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. Please contact your local data protection authority to learn more.
14. RECORDING, STORING AND PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep personal information secure.
We want you to feel confident about using TAPPL, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organisational measures to protect the personal information you provide us against unauthorized or unlawful access, interference, modification, use or disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions using unique user identifications and passwords.
Most personal information will be held in remote servers and cloud-based storage in multiple international locations. We do use some services which involve the transfer, processing and storage of some personal information (for example, global messaging platforms) in multiple jurisdictions – these are likewise protected by unique user identifications and passwords.
In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ other measures to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
15. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
TAPPL is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
16. EXTERNAL LINKS
17. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Please be aware that your information may be disclosed to, stored, and processed by organisations outside of the jurisdiction in which you are physically located when using the Website or the Services. In addition, some of the third-party companies, agents, and contractors that we engage to perform services on our behalf may need to transfer or disclose your personal information internationally in order to provide their services.
19. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
© 2018 TAPPL Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.